Energy efficiency tip of the day (steam and condensate piping systems Low-cost opportunities)
“Stop venting and draining money!!” part II
To conserve energy and cut costs, consider the following Low-cost opportunities:
- Overhaul pressure-reducing stations. Reduce steam pressure where possible.
- Insulate pipes, flanges, fittings and equipment. (A three-meter length of uninsulated 10-centimetre steam pipe, for example, will cost more than twice as much in steam per year than it would to insulate).
- Remove redundant steam and condensate piping.
- Re-pipe systems or move equipment if possible) to shorten pipe lengths to minimize heat loss and steam leaks.
- Repair, replace or add air vents.
- Optimize the location of condensate conductivity sensors.