Tip-2 Process Equipment troubleshooting Process
- The objective of this serial is to provide engineers with easy to use root cause analysis maps that can help them to easily troubleshoot the plant equipment and restore the equipment quickly to the good operating condition to save energy & cost.
- We will cover all types of equipment static, and rotating in individual videos for each.
- In this video we will talk about the typical trouble shooting process that can be implemented in all trouble hooting cases that is based on the following steps:
- Safe parking: during plant upset we should think about the safety of the people and the assets by trying to control the disturbance by decreasing the load to reach safe conditions then start the troubleshooting analysis, rather than taking quick actions without proper analysis which can cause more disturbance.
- The second step will be collecting the possible root causes for the problem by covering all the “EQ.U.I.P.P.E.D” areas that we described in the video (equipment, utilities, instrumentation, process, people, environment and downstream equipment’s.
- The next step will be evaluation and elimination to short list the root causes and start implanting the corrective action.
- It is well known that troubleshooting skill will improve with practice and experience but using such maps will help new and experience engineers to perform root cause analysis in easy and accurate way.
- This tools and maps can help operation, chemical, process and mechanical engineers and operators.
Tip video Arabic version
My blog: www.360proactiveengineer.com
#Energy #energyefficiency #energymanagement #steam #steamsystem #sustainable #sustainability #engineering #engineer #chemicalengineering #Environment #360practiveengineer #Energy savings #troubleshooting #pumps #compressors #rootcauseanalysis