Energy saving tip No 14 (Remove Soot deposits)
Remove soot deposits when flue gas temperature rises 40°C above the normal. A coating of 3mm thick soot on the heat transfer surface can cause an increase in fuel consumption of as much as 2.5%.
- Conduct a regular check for the fire box area as a part of the regular boiler inspection program.
- Monitor flue gas out let temperature to record any changes with time.
- Plan for required cleaning if needed in the nearest chance.
- Low cost opportunity with a good ROI.
- Estimated energy savings range: 2.5 % of the overall Boiler energy use.
- Decrease equivalent amount of CO2 emissions accordingly to save the environment.
- Removing soot can save more than 2% of boiler system energy use.
- Please share this tip with others to share knowledge and increase energy efficiency awareness.
- Please contact me for any advice or support about this issue or other energy management issues.
Tip in PDF format:
My blog www.360proactiveengineer.com
#Energy #energyefficiency #energymanagement #steam #steamsystem #sustainable #sustainability #engineering #engineer #chemicalengineering #boiler #360practiveengineer #loadmanagement #steamboiler #sootremoval