Energy efficiency tip of the day (Boiler Retrofits options)
- Replace obsolete boilers with high-efficiency, low emission units fitted with new burner technology and heat recovery. The new boilers should also fit the demand to avoid part-load operation.
- Use the correct pipe size. In heating fluid systems, consider the economics of larger pipes versus pumping costs and pressure losses.
- Consider converting from steam to heating fluid when retrofitting the process or the heating system.
- If a waste product is flared off in the operations, consider using it to preheat boiler combustion air or to operate a micro-turbine generator.
- If there is an application for latent heat recovery, install an economizer, a combustion air preheater or a flue gas condenser to recover heat from flue gas.
- Use the remaining heat in the flue gas for space or process heating or drying the product or biomass fuel.
You may also like...