Energy efficiency tip of the day (Boiler Low-cost energy savings opportunities)
- Reduce excess air by adjusting the burner and combustion air dampers.
- Improve insulation on boiler, pipes, flanges, fittings and other equipment.
- Install performance-monitoring equipment.
- Make sure sensors and control devices can be accessed easily for control and maintenance.
- Repair, replace or add air vents (e.g. thermostatic air vents).
- Find out if any combustible by-products (e.g. waste hydrogen, oxygen, carbon monoxide, biogas or hydrocarbon streams, or biomass) could be used as no- or low-cost boiler fuel supplements.
You may also like...